MindforYou is a Charitable Community Benefit Society registered on 5th March 2021 under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act with the Financial Conduct, Authority (registration number 8561).
Booking and Payment
- All bookings are confirmed with a deposit of £250 per person and a completed, signed booking form.
- A completed and signed booking form is confirmation that you have read and understood all the information regarding your holiday and you understand and accept the Terms & Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions will come into effect on receipt of your signed holiday booking form.
- Provisional bookings can be made via telephone and must be confirmed in writing within 10 days.
- Holiday to be paid in full at least 45 days prior to the start of the holiday. Failure to pay could result in cancellation and loss of deposit.
- Transport to the accommodation, entrance fees, tickets to entertainment, laundry, lunch, telephone calls, personal care, travel insurance and support between the hours of 9pm & 9am are an extra cost.
- Bookings made 28 days or less before commencement of your holiday must be paid in full when booking.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer, cheque, PayPal or cash; details are included with the booking form.
• To cancel your holiday, you should notify us by telephone and confirm in writing within 7 days.
- If you cancel 28 days or more prior to the start of your holiday, MindforYou will refund all monies paid, minus the deposit which can be moved to another holiday.
- If you cancel less than 28 days prior to the start of your holiday no refund will be given.
- If a national or local COVID-19 lock down prevents you from coming on holiday the cost of the holiday is refunded minus the deposit which can be moved to another holiday.
- If MindforYou cancel your holiday, you will be given the choice to either book another holiday or receive a full refund of all monies paid, including your deposit.
- MindforYou require you to buy the appropriate cancellation and curtailment insurance. MindforYou do not provide travel insurance however upon request we can sign post you to providers our guests have used.
- A Support Questionnaire must be completed by all guests and returned to MindforYou within 14 days of receipt. You will not be able to participate in a holiday unless a Support Questionnaire has been completed.
- If you have a special diet or have a food intolerance/allergy, you must advise us on your Support Questionnaire.
- MindforYou will make every effort to ensure food provided by MindforYou will not contain allergens you have notified us of. There may be an additional cost for allergen free ingredients.
- As not all meals are provided by MindforYou we cannot guarantee your holiday will be allergen free.
- If any key information is withheld, we cannot be held responsible for any events that arise due to omission of this information. MindforYou reserve the right to ask you to return home at any time during your holiday, due to health status, behaviour or support needs that could compromise the health and safety of holidaymakers or MindforYou staff. Returning or repatriating a guest home due to any of the above can be organised by MindforYou but will incur additional costs.
- MindforYou can suggest a one-to-one package or cancel your booking if they feel a person’s condition presents a threat to the safety of our staff or the other guests.
Support provided by MindforYou
- MindforYou support will be available for people living with dementia from 9am – 9pm daily. If support is required outside these times, an additional charge may apply.
- A minimum of three full time MindforYou staff will be available for a maximum of 10 holidaymakers.
- One to one support can be provided at an extra cost.
- MindforYou staff DO NOT provide personal care ie: toileting, hoisting, administration of medication, feeding.
- MindforYou can act as a broker to identify a third party to provide personal care and administer medication at an extra cost to you but accept no liability for any claims arising from the personal care given by the Third Party.
Changes in Health/Behavioural Status
- If either of you have had a fall or seen a doctor or nurse practitioner seven days prior to the start of your holiday you MUST inform MindforYou. We will reassess your suitability and, if you are not deemed suitable for the holiday you are booked on, MindforYou will recommend switching your booking to another holiday. You may be liable to costs incurred for the holiday you were booked on and additional costs for your new holiday.
- MindforYou require people living with dementia to have completed any course of antibiotic treatment at least seven days prior to the start of the holiday to be able to participate. If you are not deemed suitable for the holiday you are booked on, MindforYou will recommend switching your booking to another holiday. You may be liable to costs incurred for the holiday you were booked on and additional costs for your new holiday.
- If either of you have been treated in A&E or have had a stay in hospital one month prior to your holiday, you MUST inform MindforYou.
- MindforYou require people living with dementia to have returned home following a stay in hospital at least 2 weeks prior to their holiday. We will reassess your suitability and if you are not deemed suitable for the holiday you are booked on, MindforYou will recommend switching your booking to another holiday. You may be liable to costs incurred for the holiday you were booked on and additional costs for your new holiday.
- Any guest displaying behaviour that could pose a health and/or safety risk to themselves, other guests, staff or property will be asked to leave and return home. Returning or repatriating a guest to their home due to inappropriate behaviour can be organised by MindforYou but will incur additional costs.
- MindforYou can provide and/or identify a third party to transport you to your holiday destination from your home, but this will incur an additional charge. If we arrange your travel to and from the destination it is your responsibility to ensure you are ready to leave your home on Monday and from our venue on Friday within 30 mins of the prearranged time. Additional costs may be incurred if you do not meet the agreed timings.
- Transport is provided by MindforYou once you arrive at your holiday property. It is your responsibility to ensure you are ready to leave the holiday property and meet at our agreed meeting point within 30 mins of the prearranged time. Additional costs may be incurred if you do not meet at the agreed timings.
- Any damages to transportation are the responsibility of the guest and may incur costs.
Accommodation, Facilities and Equipment
- Any issues with the accommodation are the responsibility of the property owner, not MindforYou
- MindforYou will liaise with the property owner to resolve any issues identified as rapidly as possible.
- All equipment used at the property is at your own risk and MindforYou take no responsibility or liability.
- Use of swimming pool and Jacuzzi at the property requires completion of a MindforYou disclaimer form.
- Any damages to the accommodation, its contents and equipment are the responsibility of the guest and may incur costs.
Smoking – No smoking is allowed during MindforYou transportation or while staying in any MindforYou accommodation.
Valuables & Personal Items
- Your valuables and personal items are your responsibility.
- MindforYou is not responsible for any damage, theft, loss or force majeure to any of your items.
Social Media & Photography – Your written consent will be sought prior to using any photographs, quotes or videos for marketing or social media purposes.
Injury, Illness, Death or Consequent Losses
MindforYou Limited will not be liable for any injury, illness, death or subsequent losses suffered by you or any member of your party unless you are able to prove that such injury or illness was caused by lack of reasonable care or skill on the part of MindforYou Limited and the performance of our obligations under our contract with you as set out in the Terms & Conditions of booking.
Complaints – If you have any concerns please see a member of staff and we will do our best to resolve the issue. If you remain dissatisfied, you can complete and submit a complaint form, which we will investigate.
We are at the end of a phone, please contact us if you have any concerns or queries about anything in our Terms and Conditions.